Our new developments in Storytelling, Live Performance and seated T’ai Chi will appear here in early March – I’m reviewing this website right now. Meanwhile, please enjoy these tidbits concerning…
Separation from Nature: (volume is a little low) James Hillman in a typically thought-provoking interview.
The T’ai Chi Union for Great Britain: info for anyone looking into this jewel of Chinese culture.
Sound And Movement Therapeutic Sessions – 2016
FERGUS RYAN – Director/Session Leader
I have over thirteen years professional arts and care sector experience with people of all ages, encompassing a wide range of special needs. I am offering work with individuals or groups.
My approach is about empowerment, expression and fun. It draws on my work as a Performer, Arts Graduate, Activities Co-ordinator, Care Leader, and my own recovery from serious brain injury.
Sound and music sessions:
- Group Singing – accompanied on guitar, with percussion instruments for the group. We can also make a recording of the group’s favourite songs to keep.
- Sound Sculpture – creating an improvised collage of sound using voice, body, instruments and ambient noise. Recordings can be kept and also used as sound materials in the session.
- Making Songs – Fun with words and music; or as a guided therapeutic project to capture a memory or an experience in song. As above, the song can be recorded.
Body and movement sessions:
- T’ai Chi for special needs – improves co-ordination, health and awareness through gentle exercise. Provides a tool for managing stress. Great for Falls Prevention.
- Seated Qi Gong and Yoga – maintains good posture and breathing for people with restricted mobility or using wheelchairs. Remarkable health benefits.
- Contact Improvisation – using movement to connect with each other, either by touch or at an appropriate distance.
Structure and Pricing:
Sessions can be morning or afternoon and last from 45 minutes to 90 minutes, tailored to the needs of your people. A short refreshment break is recommended for longer sessions. After the session I provide a written review before leaving, to support your own documentation.
Staff and/or family are of course welcome, in line with your policies and procedures.
Group sessions cost £50. Group size is discussed in advance in order to provide appropriate support for the participants.
One to one sessions cost £40. These can be more responsive to current needs, working well as a complement to ongoing care and support.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org www.obviousarts.com